Blog

10/31/13

amiee squires-wills on miss moncur

Miss Moncur is one of Electric sekki's favourite new e-commerce stores from Australia.  Founded by Monica Rouse, who has lived everywhere from the vibrant area of Notting Hill in London to the cosmopolitan hub of Hong Kong, and is now residing in sunny Sydney, Miss Moncur, "creates fashion with quality craftsmanship," and at a "deliciously obtainable" price-point, too.  So when Monica approached Electric sekki Founder & President, Amiee Squires-Wills to for a feature interview on her site, Amiee was happy to oblige.  Read Amiee's interview with Miss Moncur below and get some insight into how she built the incredible showroom and distribution network in the Asian fashion industry below!

Electric sekki Founder & President, Amiee Squires-Wills.

How is it that you came to do what you're doing?
I started in fashion on the shop floor in sales from here I moved into marketing and then more specifically fashion marketing for a publicly-listed company, the Stirling Group. After working in a corporate environment for 5 years I decided to start my own company of fashion distribution in Asia.

What is the most difficult thing you overcame and what did it teach you?
I think the lesson here is perseverance, consistency and believing in yourself or your idea. When everyone is telling you, "No," keep knocking on the next door and you’ll eventually find a person that is likeminded and understands what you are trying to achieve.

Who inspires you and why?
My mum and dad; I learnt all of my business skills and acumen from them.  Starting a business is always tough, but so worth it.

Most memorable moment?
There are so many memorable moments! I suppose what I appreciate now is looking back at how I’ve grown the company from myself to 3 staff to the current 110 staff in the Hong Kong office, with 6 offices regionally throughout Asia.

What is your signature style?
Jeans and a T-shirt paired with a great jacket and shoes.

What three items are on your Miss Moncur wishlist?
The Gold Rocker Tank, Caviar Stud Tote and the Sequin Stripe Jacket.  All perfect for Hong Kong!

What's your favourite App?
Instagram.  I love capturing the moment.

Best advice you've ever received? 
I’ve received a lot of advice over the years, but I think it’s always best to use it with a combination of your gut instinct.

What item can't you live without?
Fragrance, moisturizer and my shoes-- I love sneakers to heels!


x.

bloglovin' . twitter . facebook . weibo .

No comments:

Post a Comment