Blog

8/25/11

havaianas ambassador: matt solomon 蘇誠峻

Matt Solomon (蘇誠峻) is a racing prodigy.  At just 15 years of age, this young racing star has already had the opportunity to race in a Formula Car and has just completed his first year of competition racing in Europe.  If that's not enough to impress you, he's also a Havaianas Brand Ambassador and, quite frankly, much cooler than you probably were when you were 15!  We recently caught up with the sweetheart and drilled him in a series of questions to try to get to know him better.




When I wake up I am straight into the shower for a quick wash. It gets me fresh and ready for the day ahead!

Before I go to bed I always prepare for the day to come. That always involves packing my clothes, never forgetting a pair of Havies.

My mates think I’m great to hang out with, except I'm never around!

The biggest misconception about the industry is that it's always viewed as being a sport that you just sit in a seat and push a few pedals. People need to experience it for themselves; racing drivers are amongst the most elite athletes in the world.

If I weren’t doing what I’m doing today, I'm not actually sure what I’d do, to be honest. Maybe a Havies model? [Laughs] Not sure, haven't thought that far.

A great idea would be to invent and design a Havaianas racing shoe!

The soundtrack in my head during a race is a song called Remember The Name by Fort Minor, it's a song that just really gets the blood flowing and pumps me up.

There’s a time and place for relaxing and having fun. There's also a time and place to be serious and focused.

Before Friday I mustn’t forget to keep focused for the race and start resting up so that I'm ready for whatever is thrown at me on the weekend.

Find out more about Matt Solomon & see his racing schedule here.

x.

bloglovin' . twitter . facebook . weibo .

No comments:

Post a Comment