Blog

8/2/11

nicoll on huffington

One of Electric sekki's favourite style writers, Blue Carreon, recently penned a delicious little article on Richard Nicoll for Huffington Post.  We love Blue, we love the blue colour in Richard's Resort '12 collection, and we love the blue shirt Richard's wearing in this photograph.  Basically, there's a whole lot of blue that we're loving in this piece--but that's beside the point.  The point is this: Richard has an unbelievably cool way of dealing with such nebulous interviews with so much room for interpretation, such as this one.  We love Blue's open-ended questions and Nicoll's unexpected answers; put these two together and the possibilities are endless!


When I wake up... I make coffee.
Before I go to bed...... I turn the light out
A well-dressed man/woman... doesn't notice you noticing them.
Women should always... feel like a really good version of themselves in what they're wearing.
Men should never... dye their hair and obviously shape their eyebrows.
The best thing that's been said about me... It's quite nice when your collections are referred to as 'tapping the zeitgeist.'
The biggest misconception about me... I think I'm quite well interpreted.
If I weren't doing what I'm doing today... It's a very long list that changes quite often.
My legacy... will be testimony to all the hard work I, and the people I surround myself with, have put in over the years.
A great idea... is like the weather -- you can't really control it, but it happens.
Botox is... a sign of the times.
My mother... is a strong woman with a timeless style.
The soundtrack of my life... is definitely a mixed tape.
The future... onwards and upwards.
Happiness... is entirely subjective.
There's a time and place for... too much fun with your friends.
There is too much... of wanting more.
In the end... you'll be really pleased if you've been good to your friends.
See the full article by Blue for Huffington here.




x.

No comments:

Post a Comment