Blog

12/16/13

all i want for christmas: alan see & alexa bui

When it comes to cool couples, Alan See and Alexa Bui have got to be at the top of our list.  As one of the co-founders of artisnal menswear boutique, The Armoury, Alan See is one of the best dressed men in Hong Kong.  His wife, Alexa, is equally stylish in the womenswear department and a style icon in her own right, thanks to her blog Cashmere & Candy.  Although they might appear to an outsider as totally serious 'fashion people', they actually both have a refreshingly hilarious sense of humour.  A couple minutes with these two and they'll have you in stitches.  On top of that, they're also parents to an impossibly adorable baby boy.  How they find the time to do everything, we don't know!  They are a super-couple, for sure.  Find out what this crazy couple is doing for the holidays in our special All I Want for Christmas couples edition below!

Alan See: self-described 'Menswear Enthusiast, Trying Father and Doted-on Husband'.
Alexa Bui: Style Maven, Supermom and Make-up Artist.

Best gift you've ever given?
Alan See: Wait, let me check my wife's answers first... The best gift I will have given will be in about a weeks time!
Alexa Bui: [Our baby] Bean to Alan!

Best gift you've ever received?
AS:A photo book of captured memories.
AB: Can I say Bean again?

Worst gift you've ever given?
AS: It must have been the engagement ring I proposed with, because my other half is now attached to me for life! Haha...
AB: Well, there was that first Valentine's Day I had with Alan. He was all romantic and gave me a Juicy Couture charm bracelet with a ton of charms, all dispersed throughout the day. I, on the other hand, gave him a Jimmy Eat World concert DVD.  LAME!  I like to think I've stepped up my game since then.

Worst gift you've ever received?
AS: Coupons to a place I'd never shop in or encourage people to shop in. Thanks!
AB: I can honestly say that I can't think of one! I guess I'm just really lucky to have people that know me well, ha!

Dream holiday destination?
AS: It would be a combination of places, which would include the snow, the jungle, old cities and ending up with a nice long rest on a beach. There are quite a few spots like this and I want to head to them all!
AB: Too many to pick just one but Maldives and Machu Pichu are on the list.


Favorite holiday dish?
AS: Spotted dick...actually, I hate the pudding, but how can you not love the name?
AB: Turkey. Definitely the turkey. And lots of gravy.


Favorite holiday drink?
AS: Marshmallows and hot chocolate.
AB: Mulled Wine/Egg Nog.. depends on who makes it!


Favorite Christmas carol?
AS: "Oh Holy Night" has always been stuck in my head since watching Home Alone when it first came out. It is not your typical jingle jangle Merry Christmas song, but has one of the most powerful choruses to make you feel something different completely!
AB: Mistletoe by Justin Bieber. I KID!!! I like them all, but I love blasting Mariah's All I Want for Christmas is You as soon as Thanksgiving is done. I can't help but shimmy to that. I'm sure I embarrass Alan quite a bit when it's played in public and I unconsciously boogie to it.


All I want for Christmas this year is...
AS: To spend a great time in front of a fireplace and Christmas tree
with my new family!
AB: To see the Northern Lights [in Finland]. Fingers crossed we see them!


What's topping your wish list this Christmas?
AS: A nice big vacation!
AB: A girl can never to have too many shoes...

Holiday shopping strategy?
AS: I think Calvin (Hobbes' bestest buddy) said it best when he said, "Creativity can't be turned on like a faucet, you have to be in the right mood.  Last minute panic."
AB: I will have 24-hours in Paris. It's going to be pure madness.


What will you be wearing this Christmas?
AS: Tweed, flannel, and for my lapland trip, a reissue of one of the iconic parkas used by Sir Edmund Hillary to scale Mount Everest.
AB: Seeing that it will be -20 degrees, probably a very unsexy snowsuit. And long johns. Definitely long johns.


Follow Alan See on Instagram at @seealan and Alexa Bui at @cashmereandcandy.

x.

bloglovin' . twitter . facebook . weibo .

No comments:

Post a Comment