Blog

12/18/13

all i want for christmas: jesper mcilroy

Photographer & creative director Jesper McIlroy has long been one our favourite guys in Hong Kong.  Why?  He's super nice, he's a talented photographer and, yes, we admit, he's handsome, too!  We've had the pleasure of knowing Jesper and his beautiful wife, Cara Grogan, for several years now, and there are big changes in store for the happy couple, who are expecting their first child in the new year!  We couldn't be more excited for them and, with those genes, their baby is guaranteed to come out with both a beautiful face and a kind heart.  It's been a big year for Jesper: he was featured on (and almost won) StarTV's hit new design challenge show The Apartment, his photography career has truly flourished, he married the gorgeous Cara and, of course, their baby will soon by on its way.  We're all hoping for a wonderful year full of health, happiness and success for Jesper and his family!

Photographer Jesper McIlroy with his wife, model and founder of Genie Juice, Cara Grogan.  They are expecting their first child in 2014! Congratulations and all the best to the gorgeous couple!

Best gift you've ever given? 
 Surprise trip to Palawan, Philippines, which included a proposal :)


Best gift you've ever received? 
My dog when I was 10 years old.

Worst gift you've ever given? 
I once gave a girlfriend a birthday present on the wrong month (the right date, but the wrong month)...that was embarrassing.

Worst gift you've ever received? 
New Kids on the Block cassette tape (yes, I am that old), which I re-wrapped and gave to my girlfriend (on my 9th birthday).


Dream holiday destination? 
 Heli-Snowboarding in Alaska.  Or I've always wanted to visit Rajasthan, India.


Favorite holiday dish? 
 My family is Danish and each year we have rice pudding as dessert and in the pudding 3 whole almonds are hidden. The people who find the almonds while they are eating win a prize.


Favorite holiday drink? 
 Manhattan.

Favorite Christmas carol? 
 Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee.


All I want for Christmas this year is... 
A healthy baby girl. My wife is expecting on the 1st of March

What's topping your wish list this Christmas? 
 Well, as a photographer, I'm pretty obsessed with camera gear, so probably Canon lenses. And, I still love shooting on film and I collect film cameras, so maybe film.  Yeah, for most people that's pretty boring...


Holiday shopping strategy? 
 Is there such thing? I buy last minute. And I do absolutely no shopping on 'Black Friday' (while in the US, which is the day after Thanksgiving). You can YouTube this; people are crazy!

What will you be wearing this Christmas? 
 I love being in the snow and having to wear big jackets and boots, and warming up by the fireplace, but this year I'll be in Hong Kong and looking forward to hopefully wearing Insight board shorts and Havaianas!


Follow Jesper on Insgatram at @jespermcilroy.

x.

bloglovin' . twitter . facebook . weibo .

No comments:

Post a Comment