Blog

12/20/13

all i want for christmas: sabrina sikora

With her tall stature, vibrant style and new healthy baby bump (congratulations!), Sabrina Sikora is hard to miss.  The former model and current portrait & fashion photographer/Sassy Hong Kong fashion writer is a regular fixture at events around town.  As a model, Sabrina worked with the industry's most illustrious companies, such as Harper's Bazaar, Maybelline and Chanel.  After a decade in the business and with lots of knowledge from working with the industry's top photographers under her belt, Sabrina started her career as a professional photographer and moonlights for Sassy Hong Kong as a writer and photographer as a way to curb her hunger for all things fashion.  We've had the pleasure of working with this gorgeous girl on Style Jam features for the blog and we always look forward to seeing her around town at various fashion events.  Find out what Sabrina wants for Christmas below!

Sabrina Sikora, model/photographer/fashion blogger.

Best gift you've ever received?
Last year my grandmother gave me her engagement and wedding ring set
which meant the world to me! The bonus is it fits me perfectly and I
think of her every time I wear it!

Worst gift you've ever given?
Fraggles lunch box. I had just discovered ebay and went a bit nuts
buying weird stuff. No one was particularly impressed that year!


Worst gift you've ever received?
This one is tricky because by now most people know that big gold
jewelry is a sure fire way to my heart. Thinking back over the years
though and the Christmas where I received nothing but Troll dolls
comes to mind. Then again I had asked Santa for those so it must have
made me deliriously happy at the time!


All I want for Christmas this year is...
My baby bump to be strong and healthy!

What's topping your wish list this Christmas?
This year it is all about decorating/redecorating the HK home. Every
so often you have to slap on a new coat of paint and change the art
and furniture around. This year I am looking for a new couch and some
inspiring pieces to amp up the walls! Not sure if Santa can fit that
under the Christmas tree though!

Dream holiday destination?
I love spending Christmas in my home in Vermont with my family.
Nothing is better than sitting around the fire with the snow outside,
eating fresh baked goodies, and drinking champagne! Even better is the
fact that we don’t have internet or tv in the house so it is a chance
to really get away from everything!


Favorite Christmas carol?
“Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” by Sinatra warms my heart every time!


Holiday shopping strategy?
I usually start pretty early and get most of the shopping done at
sample and holiday sales. Last year I was done by July! This year I am
still on the hunt for a few gifts for the fam but hopefully I can
check that off the list this week and get the gifts in the mail for
them to arrive by the big day!

Favorite holiday dish?
Anything sweet! I love to bake around the holidays and churn out many
types of cookies and cakes for friends and family. The trick is
getting it out of the house before I devour it all!


Favorite holiday drink?
No matter the time of year it is always champagne (although the Jack
Daniel’s eggnog is pretty good too come Christmas)!


What will you be wearing this Christmas?
Not sure what I will be wearing yet but you can count on there being a
lot of huge accessories paired with it! I love this body piece and as
a bonus it draws the eye up from the large and in charge baby bump
that sits (kicks) just below!



Follow Sabrina on Instagram at @sabrinasikora and Twitter at @sabrinasikorahk.

x.

bloglovin' . twitter . facebook . weibo .

No comments:

Post a Comment