Blog

12/18/12

all i want for christmas: designer edition

In today's special designer edition of our All I Want for Christmas series, we talk to Richard Nicoll and D.EFECT's Egle Ziemyte.  From two different sides of the world, these two designers have two very different takes on Christmas traditions!  Originally from Australia, Richard Nicoll now calls London his home, but is heading back down under this year for Christmas, where it will be summer and Christmas is traditionally spent by the beach.  On the other hand, D.EFECT's Egle Ziemyte hails from Lithuania, where Christmases are freezing cold and filled with snowfall and ancient traditions.  Find out how these two will be spending their Christmases this year below!



Best gift you've ever given? 
Anything very personal.

Best gift you've ever received? 
Life.


Worst gift you've ever given? 
Socks.

Worst gift you've ever received? 
A letter opener.

Holiday shopping strategy? 
Do it in one trip or online. 

Dream holiday destination 
Sydney.


What will you be wearing this Christmas?
My swimming trunks as I'll be on a beach in Sydney. 

Favorite holiday drink? 
Beer.

Favorite holiday dish? 
Sushi.


All I want for Christmas this year is... 
Health and happiness.

What's topping your wish list this Christmas? 
Continued health.

Favorite Christmas carol? 
And So This Is Christmas by John Lennon.

D.EFECT's Egle Ziemyte


Best gift you've ever given?
I think I gave best presents to my family when I was very young. I drew post cards, knitted scarves and socks, baked cookies. I think I shared pure feelings with them. 

Best gift you've ever received?
A wind-up mouse. I got it when I was very small, but I still remember it as a very impressive and emotional present.


Worst gift you've ever given? 
Probably a simple coffee mug. I was unable to come with an idea of a present for a friend and bought the most ordinary coffee mug in the world. But we are still friends.

Worst gift you've ever received? 
The worst is probably set of shower gel. I think you give such a present when one is so lazy to think about another person, or one doesn’t know another one. 

Dream holiday destination?
Once I went to Amsterdam during Christmas and I loved it. Ate lots of donuts, skated on ice, it was such great fun. Would love to go back. 


Favorite holiday dish? 
I love one of our ancient national dishes. It is a kind of broth soup, made out of beetroot, herring, carrots and wild mushrooms. And you eat it together with so-called ‘little ears’ – patties stuffed with boletus mushrooms. 

Favorite holiday drink? 
Kvass, an old national fermented drink made out of some black bread, rasins, yeast and sugar. Actually, I really love our national dishes!


Favorite Christmas carol?
I like to listen to Christmas Chants during Christmas time. These are really beautiful songs which make Christmas even more special.

All I want for Christmas this year is... 
It will be my daughter's first Christmas, so the only thing I wish for is to be with my family, enjoy the holiday, go out for a walk, enjoy the snow and the company. 


What's topping your wish list this Christmas? 
I would like to get nice hand-made photo album. Maybe there is someone reading who knows me? 


Holiday shopping strategy? 
Probably my strategy is like this – try to look for and buy presents as early as possible. You will avoid the madness just before the holiday. Also listen to what your friends and family are talking about couple months before the holiday – I am sure you will hear in one way or another what they would like to receive. Do not give expensive presents. I think the small, cozy, nice presents are much more valued, when one can say that you are really thinking about him. 

What will you be wearing this Christmas? 
I always want to look special during Christmas, so I think I will try a light blouse with reduced shoulders from my new collection, slim pants and light jacket.


x.

bloglovin' . twitter . facebook . weibo .

No comments:

Post a Comment