Blog

12/5/12

geneva vanderzeil: all i want for christmas

Can you believe it's already December?  Has this year flown by or what?  To celebrate the start of the holiday season, Electric sekki has enlisted a group of some of our favourite people to answer our All I Want for Christmas questionnaire.  First up is Geneva Vanderzeil of DIY blog A Pair & A Spare and author of DIY Fashionista, which is launching in Bookazine Hong Kong today (more on that later).  Geneva originally hails from Australia, but with her creative mind and her crafty skills, she has become a worldwide blogging phenomenon, known for her beautifully photographed, easy-to-follow DIY tutorials which turn ten-thousand dollar runway items into fun $20 at-home crafts projects.  Find out what Geneva wants this Christmas below!


Geneva Vanderzeil in a pair of DIY tassel earrings.  Photo by Carmen Chan.
   
Best gift you've ever given? 
I love to give gifts I've made myself like potted succulents, tassel earrings or pom pom bag charms, otherwise I'm a big believer in giving journals or something else so my friends and family can start off the next year prepared!


A DIY pom pom bag charm, tutorial available at A Pair & A Spare.

Worst gift you've ever given?
Any gift is better than none so the worst gift would have to be nothing.

Dream holiday destination?
I am dying to go to South America!


South America.

Favorite holiday dish? 
Full sunday roast with all the trimmings.

Favorite holiday drink?
Depends where I am - if I'm in London then mulled wine but if I'm in Australia I go for a watermelon margarita!


Delicious! Watermelon margaritas.

Favorite Christmas carol?
I worked in a department store for two years when I was a teenager and every Christmas they played the same holiday CD over and over so that kind of cured me of Christmas carols!

What will you be giving this Christmas? 
Handmade gifts.

Holiday shopping strategy? 
Last minute, naturally!

What will you be wearing this Christmas? 
I'm heading to Chiang Mai and hoping the weather will be mild so crossing my fingers I'll be able to get into my bikini at some stage!


Chiang Mai, Thailand.

All I want for Christmas this year is... 
A relaxing holiday!

Still don't know what to get friends for Christmas?  We think Geneva's new book, DIY Fashionista, is a perfect choice.  Come celebrate the launch of the book at Bookazine Prince's Building today from 6.30-8pm.


x.

bloglovin' . twitter . facebook . weibo .

No comments:

Post a Comment